The Indian government is giving 1000 fully-funded PhD fellowships at Indian Institutes of Technology to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the cordial relations between India and ASEAN (IITs).
Aspirants from ASEAN nations are invited to apply for a scholarship to pursue a higher degree at an IIT of their choice in India and obtain the opportunity to complete their PhD with financing that will fully cover all tuition and living expenses for up to 5 years.
For the purpose of governing the union of 29 states and seven union territories, the government of India is primarily consisting of the executive, the legislative, and the judiciary. It is the union government established under the supreme legislation of India, and it is based in New Delhi.
Why at the Indian Institutes of Technology? The prestigious IITs are considered among the best engineering and technology institutions in the world. Located in India, IITs are autonomous public institutes of higher education governed by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961.
SUMMARY FOR PHD FELLOWSHIPS FOR ASEAN STUDENTS
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2019 (Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.)
- University or Organization: Government of India
- Department: Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully-funded fellowships
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 1000
- Nationality: Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) students
- The award can be taken in India
Benefits of PhD Fellowships for ASEAN Students:
The Government of India will provide a total budget outlay of INR 300 crore (approximately USD 45 million) in up to 1000 integrated PhD Fellowships. The benefits are as the following:
- The maximum tenure of each fellowship is 5 years
- Winners will receive a stipend per month as the following: INR 31,000/- for the first 2 years and INR 35,000/- for the next three years
- Fellows will receive a research grant up to INR 170,000/- for research expenses such as travel, books, and contingency
- The program will also provide accommodation (monthly house rent allowance) up to 24% – as per Govt. norms (depending on the city) – of the stipend, if hostel accommodation not provided.
To be eligible for PhD Fellowships for ASEAN Students, the applicants must a citizen of ASEAN countries.
ALSO APPLY: Richard Van Loon Scholarships for African Students in Canada
Eligible Countries: Applications from 10 ASEAN countries are accepted. ASEAN comprises Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The PhD program will be awarded in any subject in India’s foremost technical education centres (IITs):
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT (BHU) Varanasi
- Visa Application is to be filled online at indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/.
- Applicants may be asked to provide additional documents, if needed, by the consular officer – Passport, photographs, and Signatures.
- Applicants must check the full detail for a student visa.
How to Apply: Applicants apply online on the portal. To apply, applicants are required to take admission in one of an IITs in India. Explore IITs and apply for a fully-funded PhD program.
Supporting Documents: ASEAN students applying for the fellowships will require a student visa with an admission letter from IIT and last education certificate.
Admission Requirements: Entry requirements vary according to IITs. So before starting your application, you should check the institute in which you want to pursue the PhD of your choice at various IITs.
Language Requirement: Check language requirement in your selected Institute in which you want to study