For the academic year 2023–2024, Carleton University has launched the Richard Van Loon Scholarships to reward deserving students by helping to defray the cost of their education.
Carleton Institution is an autonomous and cooperative university that focuses on research, knowledge development and dissemination, student participation in international and domestic experiential learning, and community improvement.
Why did you decide to attend Carleton University? Outside the classroom or lab, Carleton provides chances for hands-on learning. Opportunities to obtain experience include lab experiments, participation in research projects, field courses, practical, and co-op jobs.
Carleton University is committed to fostering diversity within its community as a source of creativity, cultural enrichment, and social strength. It has one of the biggest engineering faculties in the nation, and its cognitive science program is still growing.
SUMMARY FOR RICHARD VAN LOON SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until February 1, 2023.
- University or Organization: Carleton University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Award: $5,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
Benefit of Richard Van Loon Scholarships: Each successful scholar will receive the award amount of $10,000 to complete their studies in Canada
To be eligible for Richard Van Loon Scholarships, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You must be a citizen of an African country.
- You must be an international student, who is required to have a valid Study Permit for Canada.
- Applicant must be registered as a full-time student at Carleton University and be successfully proceeding from one year to another in any program of study.
- You must be in good academic standing.
Eligible Countries: Students from African countries.
Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject area offered by the university.
ALSO APPLY: Merit Scholarships for International Students at Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
How to Apply: All interested candidates must apply through the online application form for this funding program.
Supporting Documents: The candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Copy of all post-secondary transcripts
- A statement of intent
- A portfolio
- A sample writing
- Citizenship proof
Admission Requirements: The admission average will be calculated using all 9 academic subjects at the highest level taken. Prerequisites must be presented at grade 11 or 12.
- Offers will be finalized on receipt of final grades and official graduation certificate. The graduation certificate should be verified by China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC).
Language Requirement: The candidates must fulfil the following English language proficiency requirements:
- Canadian Academic English Language Test – 70 (Minimum 60 in each band)
- TOEFL -86 (20 in reading and listening, and 22 in speaking writing)
- IELTS – 6.6 (Minimum 6.0 in each band)
- PTE – 60 overall (Minimum 60 in each Communicative skill)