High-potential students are welcome to submit applications for the Vietnam Academic Merit Scholarships. The United States’ Wright State University provides funding for the program. The fund was designed to support bright students from all over the world who want to enroll in the university’s undergraduate program.
Located in Dayton, Ohio, Wright State University is a public research institution. It was founded in 1967 and is renowned for its steadfast dedication to community involvement and experiential learning. Numerous undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in a variety of subjects, including science, engineering, business, and the arts, are available at the institution.
Why attend Wright State University to study? Attending Wright State University has many benefits. Students receive real-world experience and practical skills from the university because of its strong emphasis on experiential learning and community participation.
It serves a wide spectrum of academic interests with a variety of degree programs in the arts, science, engineering, and business. Furthermore, its dedication to innovation and research, along with a bustling campus community, fosters a stimulating learning environment.
SUMMARY FOR ACADEMIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2024
- University or Organization: Wright State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $10,000 to $15,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United States
Benefits of Academic Merit Scholarships: The university will provide scholarships that are renewable and range in value from $10,000 to $15,500.
To be eligible for Academic Merit Scholarships, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicant must be an international student on an F1 visa.
- The applicants must be enrolled full-time at Wright State University.
Eligible Countries: Vietnam
Eligible Courses or Subjects: All undergraduate degree courses and subjects offered by the university
How to Apply: The applicants are required to sign up on the university’s online portal and start the application process by entering the required information. Applicants will automatically be considered for the scholarship upon enrolling in any graduate degree course or subject at Wright State University.
Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- A copy of the passport
- Academic credentials of previous years of study
Admission Requirements: The applicants must fulfill all undergraduate admission requirements of the university.
Language Requirement: You must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) and a minimum score of English proficiency from one of these tests:
- TOEFL:- 61
- TOEFL home:- 61
- IELTS: 5.5 with no subscore lower than 5.0
- IELTS indicator: 5.5 with no subscore lower than 5.0
- Pearson PTE: 51
- Duolingo: 110
- Cambridge test: Minimum scaled score of 162, with no subscore below 154, on the Cambridge English Qualifications
- SAT combined score of 510 on the evidence-based reading and writing portion
- Students who show proof of successful completion of an intensive English program from an accredited institution or program accepted by international admissions are exempt from the requirement to take an approved English proficiency exam.
- Graduation from a United States high school
- If you have graduated from a school in a country where English is the official language for higher education, you will not be required to demonstrate English proficiency. A list of countries can be found on the following website: https://www.wright.edu/international-education/international-students/english-as-official-language.