For the VLIR-UOS Scholarships open to students from underdeveloped nations, applications are now being accepted. For training and master’s studies at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium, scholarships are available.
Only the following master’s (ICP) or training (ITP) programs that are approved by and supported by VLIR-UOS are open to student applications.
In Flanders and the South, VLI
R-UOS encourages collaborations between universities and university colleges in search of fresh solutions to regional and local problems. Projects involving collaboration between professors, researchers, and teachers are funded by VLIR-UOS.
SUMMARY OF MASTER VLIR-UOS DEGREE SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2023
- University or Organization: VLIR-UOS
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master program
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- The program can be taken in Belgium
Benefits of VLIR-UOS Master Degree Scholarships:
The scholarships cover all related expenses as follows:
- Project budgets amount to a maximum of 150,000 EUR for a maximum duration of 3 years. This period can include multiple training modules and should include a minimum of 8 scholarships per training edition.
- The overall budget for ITP 2023 allows for a maximum of 9 selectable projects.
Students can only apply for a scholarship if they meet the following requisites.
Nationality and Country of Residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the following 31 countries (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
Age: The maximum age for a Master program candidate is 35 years for an initial master and 40 years for an advanced master. The maximum age for a training candidate is 45 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
Professional background and experience: VLIR-UOS gives priority to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, social economy or NGO’s, or aim a career in one of these sectors. However, also candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience (for Master programs) can be eligible for the scholarship. The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
Fungibility with other VLIR-UOS funding. A scholarship is not compatible with financial support within a VLIR-UOS funded IUC- or TEAM-project. Candidates working in a university where such projects are being organized should submit a declaration of the project leader stating that the department where the candidate is employed is not involved in the project.
Former VLIR-UOS scholarship applications and previously awarded scholarships: A candidate can only submit one VLIR-UOS scholarship application per year, irrespectively of the scholarship type. As a consequence, a candidate can only be selected for one VLIR-UOS scholarship per year.
- Students of the following countries are eligible to apply for VLIR-UOS scholarships: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa; Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam; Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Haiti, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname and Uruguay.
How to Apply: To apply for a scholarship, you first need to apply for the training or Master’s program.
- To apply for a training or Master’s program, visit the website of the training or Master’s program of your interest.
- Follow the guidelines for application for the program as mentioned on its website. In the program application, you can mention whether you wish to apply for a scholarship.
- In case you do, the program coordinator forwards your application to VLIR-UOS. Applications submitted by the candidates to VLIR-UOS directly will not be considered!