Do you have a strong academic record, a passion for motorsports, but lack the funds to attend Cranfield? Cranfield University in the UK offers a Motorsport Engineering Scholarship that is supported by the FIA.
For applicants from the UK, EU, and the rest of the world pursuing an Advanced Motorsport Engineering M.Sc., the FIA announces the inaugural Engineering Scholarship in partnership with Cranfield. Students have the chance to take part in this complete scholarship, which covers both tuition and living costs in the UK. Additionally, supervisors of students will be given a living allowance and a contribution toward airfare.
The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA), which was established in 1904 and serves as the regulating body for motorsports worldwide, promotes accessible, sustainable, and safe mobility for all users of the world’s roads. With members in 146 nations, the FIA is dedicated to fostering more diversity and inclusion.
An exceptional young engineer from one of the FIA zones will be able to get a Master’s in Advanced Motorsport Engineering from Cranfield thanks to the first ever worldwide talent search initiative from the organization.
At Cranfield University, why? Since the 1970s, Cranfield has conducted research, provided consulting, and conducted testing for the motorsport industry. With people from more than 100 different nationalities learning and working there, the university has a diverse staff and student body. The Cranfield Impact Centre is an FIA-approved test centre, and Cranfield Simulation (AXSIM) is at the forefront of driver-in-loop race-driving simulation.
SUMMARY OF FIA MOTORSPORT ENGINEERING AWARD
- Application Deadline: 15th of February 2023
- University or Organization: Cranfield University
- Department: Cranfield‡s School of Management
- Course Level: Master
- Award: Full scholarship covering tuition fees (GBP 26,580)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: UK, EU, and the Rest of the World
- The award can be taken in the UK
Benefits of FIA Motorsport Engineering Award:
The FIA motorsport engineering scholarship covers the following:
- Payment of tuition fees for the MSc in Advanced Motorsport Engineering at Cranfield University (2023/24 academic year).
- Applicants will get one roundtrip economy flight from their country of residence to the UK.
- A stipend paid quarterly to cover a contribution towards accommodation and personal living expenses in the UK (total equivalent to EUR 16,000, depending on exchange rates at the time of payment). Applicants may require additional personal funding to complete their studies.
To be eligible for FIA Motorsport Engineering awards, applicants must be applying in the UK first or second-class honors degree in a relevant subject area
- An equivalent international qualification
- Each application will be considered on its merits. Candidates must have relevant work experience in combination with a degree of second-class honor. If candidates do not meet formal entry requirements but still feel they can demonstrate the ability to complete the course successfully, they may still be accepted onto a course.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: Advanced Motorsport Engineering M.Sc.
How to Apply: Applicants wishing to be considered for the FIA Motorsport Engineering Scholarship should indicate their interest on the course application form, including a short personal statement of why they should be considered.
- Complete an application for the Advanced Motorsport Engineering M.Sc.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a short personal statement, evidence of English language proficiency, degree certificates and transcripts, and two references to support the application.
Admission Requirements: Visit the FIA website and contact an FIA Member organization in your country before contacting Cranfield University.
Language Requirement: To study for a formal award at Cranfield, students must demonstrate that they can communicate effectively in English in an academic environment.