Participate in the Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarships at the Atlantic Technological University in Ireland to improve your academic and professional chances. The scholarship is available for the 2023–2024 school year.
For those enrolling full-time in the School of Engineering program at ATU Galway City’s Dublin Road Campus, there are up to twelve prizes available.
With campuses in Galway and Mayo, Atlantic Technological University (ATU) is a prominent university in the west of Ireland. Business, engineering, science, the arts, and social sciences are just a few of the many fields in which ATU offers undergraduate, graduate, and research degrees.
Why attend Atlantic Technological University (ATU) for your education? ATU is the perfect option for students looking for a top-notch and immersive higher education experience in Ireland because of its great facilities, first-rate faculty, and diverse and active student body.
SUMMARY OF STEPHEN WALSH MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
- University or Organization: Atlantic Technological University (ATU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to €5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to twelve
- Nationality: EU/EEA member state, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom
- The award can be taken in Ireland
Benefits of Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarships: The €5,000 scholarship is intended to assist students entering an engineering program at ATU Galway who comes from poor socioeconomic origins or has endured tough personal situations.
To be eligible for Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarships, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Be a first-year student in higher education.
- Be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
- Have completed your Leaving Certificate exams within the last two years.
- Be a currently applied to a Galway-Mayo ATU full-time undergraduate degree via the CAO and meet the general and special entry standards.
- Only full-time undergraduate School of Engineering students at the Dublin Road, Galway campus will be considered for the Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarship.
- Have a family income that is less than the current third-level maintenance grant criterion.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to fill out the online application form.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Records
- An academic reference
Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- As part of the grading process, you will be expected to provide a scholarly reference. Applicants need to make sure that they ask their schools for an academic reference.
Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- Excellent fluency in the English language (verbally as well as written)