The University of Sydney is glad to provide exceptional and driven individuals with international postgraduate research scholarships in mathematical data science.
Both local and foreign students are eligible for the grant if they want to work on a multidisciplinary research team for their PhD in the area of intelligent robotic systems for real-time asset management.
In Sydney, Australia, there is a public research institution called the institution of Sydney. It was established in 1850 and is Australia’s first university. It belongs to the exclusive Group of Eight, an association of the top research-intensive universities in Australia.
Why enroll in a course at the University of Sydney? Due to its distinguished reputation, high-notch teaching, and exciting campus life, the University of Sydney stands out as a top choice for students. It is renowned for its academic brilliance and provides a wide variety of programs to meet different interests.
The institution fosters intellectual and personal growth in a vibrant and culturally rich environment because of its dedication to research and innovation, as well as its gorgeous location in the center of Sydney, Australia.
ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS IN MATHEMATICAL DATA SCIENCE
- Application Deadline: 8th of October 2023
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Course Level: Postgraduate Research
- Award: $37,207 p.a. (up to 3.5 years)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic/International
- The award can be taken in Australia
Benefits of research Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science:
- The Scholarship will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend rate (indexed on 1 January each year) per annum, subject to satisfactory academic performance:
- Up to 1.75 years for a successful Master’s by research recipient,
- Up to 3 years for a successful PhD recipient.
- The Scholarship will also cover overseas health cover for the recipient (single cover only) for the normal full-time duration of the higher degree studies at the University of Sydney.
To be eligible for Scholarships in Mathematical Data Science, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or being currently enrolled to study full-time in a PhD or Master’s by research within the School of Mathematics and Statistics, Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney
- Be willing to undertake research in theory of deep learning or machine learning
- Hold at least an Honor degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or Master’s degree or equivalent.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from all nations are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: Master’s by research or PhD within School of Mathematics and Statistics
How to Apply: Applicants must apply through the online application form.
Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Visa and Passport
- Scholarship documentation
- English language results
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates
Admission Requirements: The students are required to present the admission requirements:
- A Bachelors degree with first or upper second class Honors’
- A Master’s degree performed at a high academic standard, and which includes a substantial component of original research
- An equivalent qualification that demonstrates research experience, excellence and capability.
Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- PTE 42
- TOEFL IBT 52
- Cambridge CAE 41
- IELTS 5.0