So you’ve got stretch marks?
You don’t want them at all, most especially the ones that are visible and make you feel comfortable.
Wanna get rid of them as fast as possible?
Well, you’ve reached the last stop, the battle between you and stretch marks is soon gonna be over.
In this blog post, I’m going to be sharing with you the top 10 home remedies to get rid of stretch marks fast.
Best of all, I included step by step guide on how to effectively use these home remedies to remove stretch marks faster than you think.
Why Are There Stretch Marks On Your Body?
Although many people dread stretch marks (the ladies most especially), others are comfortable with it.
Before we get started with these home remedies, I want you to know that having stretch marks is perfectly normal.
Nothing is wrong with you, it can happen to anyone at any time and it affects both males and females.
Some of the major causes of stretch marks are:
- Rapid growth (most especially during puberty),
- Rapid weight gain or loss,
- Increase in muscle mass for bodybuilders and weight lifters.
Stretch marks appear when your body grows or shrinks so fast that your skin can’t keep up.
This causes inner layers of your skin (collagen and elastin) to tear or get damaged and as they heal, stretch marks show up.
Not to bore you with the causes of stretch marks, here are ways to get rid of them super fast and effectively.
Let’s get started…
1) Get Rid Of Stretch Marks With Aloe Vera Gel & Wash:
Using Aloe vera is a very effective home remedy that would help to get rid of stretch marks in no time.
Aloe vera is a natural skin softener and an essential extract for treating your skin fast and effectively. It helps to soothe your skin, keep your skin moist and is an effective remedy to get rid of stretch marks.
Aloe vera is a natural healing agent and can cause your skin cells to release chemicals needed to produce collagen.
Collagen is a protein that makes your skin elastic, smoother and less wrinkled.
Aloe Vera helps in the production of collagen that can, in turn, improve the appearance of stretch marks on your body.
It helps to prevent itchiness, block allergens and gives your skin a rejuvenating feel.
Due to it’s healing and moisturizing properties, Aloe Vera is used in many hair and skin care products for radiant and glowing skin.Aloe Vera helps in the production of collagen that can, in turn, improve the appearance of stretch marks on your body.Click To Tweet
DIY Home Made Aloe Vera Gel For Stretch Mark Removal:
To effectively use aloe vera to reduce stretch marks you’ll require aloe vera gel or an aloe vera body wash.
Here are the procedures to make your aloe vera gel:
- Gather some freshly plucked aloe vera leaves
- Wash thoroughly, remove thorns and peel the skin open with a knife.
- Carefully scrape out the thick liquid or flesh of the aloe vera leaves.
- Slice them into bite-sized chunks, toss into a blender and blend until smooth and pasty.
You’ve got your own homemade aloe vera gel.
How To Apply Aloe Vera Gel For Stretch Mark Removal:
- Apply on your stretch marks daily and gently massage for 2-3 minutes twice a day after showering.
- Allow your aloe vera gel to dry on your skin for better absorption and if it feels too sticky for you, wash with lukewarm water.
No Time For Aloe Vera Gel? We’ve Got Your Covered.
If you don’t like the feel of pure aloe vera or you wouldn’t have time to make your aloe vera gel, we have a solution for you.
You can make do of our Natural Feminine Wash made from the wholesome goodness of Aloe Vera and other essential nutrients to help get rid of stretch marks and keep your skin glowing.
It helps to reduce stretch marks in your body by rapidly healing minor tears within the deepest and topmost layers of your skin.
2) Heal Your Damaged Skin With Coconut Oil:
Coconut Oil is another effective remedy that can help to heal the appearance of your skin and reduce stretch marks.
Stretch marks that come as a result of skin damage can effectively be reduced with the use of coconut oil.
Applying coconut oil to your skin daily would help reduce the visibility of your stretch marks and help your skin heal faster.
Just like Aloe Vera, Coconut Oil is another potent source of natural healing abilities.
Both help to speed up your skin’s healing process and get rid of stretch marks.
DIY Home Made Coconut Oil For Stretch Mark Removal:
Low on funds? We’ve got you covered, here are the procedures to make your coconut oil at home.
- Purchase a coconut from your local store, supermarket or just get one. Ideally, a fresh coconut would do just fine.
- Prepare your coconut, wash thoroughly and cut it in half.
- Use a scraper to extract the flesh, chop into little chunks or grate manually.
- Toss the shredded coconut into the blender, add a little amount of water and blend at medium speed.
- Blend till smooth and a milky texture is achieved.
- Pour the coconut milk into a jar over a strainer and leave the jar in the fridge overnight.
- This would allow the coconut milk and oil to separate.
- Gently scoop out the curds (solidified coconut oil) from the jar and place them in a saucepan.
- Turn on the heat, preferably low-medium heat.
- Place the saucepan over the heat, stir frequently and cook for an hour.
Once all the coconut oil is out, allow it to cool down for 15 minutes then filter into your preferred jar for storage.
Your coconut oil is ready.
How To Apply Coconut Oil To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
- Apply coconut oil twice a day on your affected areas until you start seeing improvements and reduction of stretch marks.
- If you’re allergic to coconuts, do consult your healthcare provider or dermatologist before applying coconut oil.
3) Get Rid Of Dead Skin Layers & Stretch Marks With Sugar Scrub:
Ever wondered why or how sugar scrubs came about?
They came about because natural white sugar is an effective remedy that can help you get rid of stretch marks in no time.
When topically applied (used on your skin), natural sugar helps to clear away dead cells and provides your skin with a rejuvenating feel.
It helps to exfoliate (remove thin dead layers of) your skin, encourages the growth and formation of new skin layers.
Due to its exfoliating properties, most women swear by sugar scrubs and how effective they are in making them look younger, radiant and stretch mark free.
DIY Home Made Sugar Scrub:
Here’s a DIY procedure to make your sugar scrub at home.
- Mix one cup of natural white sugar with 1/4 cup of any of these essential oils; almond oil or coconut oil.
- Almond oil or coconut oil acts as softening agents in your homemade sugar scrub.
- Mix your natural white sugar and essential oil thoroughly until a wet beach sand consistency.
Add some lemon juice; lemon juice has some acidic properties that help to hide the visibility of your stretch marks.
Your Homemade Sugar Scrub Is Ready.
How To Apply Sugar Scrub To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
- Apply and scrub the mixture on the parts of your body where you have stretch marks.
- Scrub thoroughly and leave it on your skin for at least 8-10 minutes so that It’ll be absorbed into your skin pores.
- Rinse it off with water or take a warm bath.
Repeat this process continuously, several times in a week for up to a month or until your desired results are achieved.When topically applied (used on your skin), natural sugar helps to clear away dead cells and provides your skin with a rejuvenating feel.Click To Tweet
4) Reduce The Visibility Of Your Stretch Marks With Lemon Juice:
Yeah, like I earlier mentioned, lemon juice is also a great home remedy that would help to get rid of stretch marks.
It can do this because lemons have high acidic contents which help to reduce the visibility of your stretch marks.
Apart from hiding the visibility of stretch marks, lemon juice also helps to heal damaged skin, acne, pimples, and other skin infections.
Lemon juice is an essential addition in many skincare and beauty products because they help to lighten your skin.
How To Apply Lemon Juice For Stretch Mark Removal:
- Get some freshly plucked and juice lemons.
- Squeeze out the lemon juice into a small container.
- Apply lemon juice on the parts of your body where you have stretch marks and are most visible.
- Rub gently on the affected areas for 3-4 minutes in a circular motion.
- After application, allow it to dry on your skin and get absorbed for 10-15 minutes.
- Afterward, you can rinse off with lukewarm water.
Caution To Take Before Applying Lemon Juice:
Before you make do of lemon juice to help you get rid of stretch marks, you should put these precautions into consideration.
Lemon juice has high acidic contents and may cause irritation or redness if you have very sensitive skin.
To avoid irritations and redness, ensure you dilute your extracted lemon juice with a sufficient amount of water before applying it on stretch marks.
5) Apply Onion Mask & Strip On Your Stretch Marks:
As crazy as it sounds, onion and some other kitchen vegetables can help you get rid of stubborn stretch marks.
Onions are rich in flavonoids and quercetin, these are powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents.
In various cultures all over the world, onion has been used in time past to help combat skin infections and get rid of stretch marks.
Flavonoids and quercetin present in onions have been proven to help repair damaged skin cells and promote better skin conditions.
If you are comfortable with the smell of onions (not everyone is) then you’re good to go.
This is a great home remedy for you to get rid of stretch marks as fast and easy as possible.
DIY Onion Strips & Onion Mask To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
First off, I still can’t figure out why Nigerian onions which are purple are called “Red Onions” *that’s just crazy.
There two different ways to apply onions on your stretch marks, that’s why we have onion strips and onion mash.
You’ll make use of onion strips during the day and onion mash at nightfall both on the affected areas for effective results.
How To Apply Onion Strips To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
- Get red onions from your kitchen or local store if you’re out of them.
- Debark your onions and wash thoroughly (some onions usually accumulate dirt in some layers).
- Carefully chop your onions into multiple round strips.
- Rub these onion strips on your stretch marks for 2-3 minutes.
After application; place the onion strips on a towel inside a bowl and then refrigerate for our evening onion mash session.
You’re putting the onion strips on a towel before refrigerating to prevent them from being soggy and lose their effectiveness.
Onion Mask For Stretch Mark Removal:
Alright, it’s time for our onion mask. Ideally, you should use this at night with those strips we refrigerated.
But then again I feel you can do it anytime as long as you can stand the smell of onions.
Here are the procedures to get started.
- Take out those refrigerated onion strips and toss them into a blender.
- Grind them in a blender until a smooth and thick consistency is achieved.
- Strain your onion mash on to a clean towel and allow it to soak up.
- Wrap the onion mash with the towel on parts of your body affected with stretch marks.
How Often Should You Apply Onion Strips & Mash:
Apply them on your stretch marks every day.
It will take up to a week before you start seeing results.
So make sure you keep your consistency 100% to ensure quicker removal of stretch marks.
6) Rub Potato Juice For Quick Stretch Mark Removal:
The starch in potato helps to naturally brighten your skin and can be a great way to get rid of stretch marks.
Potato starch has emollient properties that help to soothe your skin. It also helps to make your skin soft and encourages the growth of new skin cells.
How To Apply Potato Juice For Stretch Mark Removal:
- Get a raw tuber of potato and wash thoroughly to prevent dirt contamination.
- Slice your potato tuber into multiple pieces and rub the potato juice or starch gently on places affected with stretch marks.
- Let the juice dry on your skin for 10-15 minutes then you can wash off with lukewarm water.
After washing off, apply our Natural Feminine Wash on your skin to help keep it moisturized.
Caution When Using Potato Juice:
If you must use potato juice, make sure you get a moisturizer to use alongside.
We recommend using our Natural Feminine Wash, made from wholesome aloe vera to keep your skin hydrated.
Repeat the whole process twice a day until you start seeing improvements.
7) Heal Your Skin With Olive Oil:
Like I earlier mentioned, there are tons of home remedies to get rid of stretch marks; from vegetables to essential oils, you just name it.
Your everyday olive oil can also help to remove stretch marks from your body.
Olive oil is an excellent skin nourishing agent.
It is fortified with essential minerals and vitamins to keep your skin glowing and radiant. Treat your stretch marks with olive oil and allow it to speed up your skin’s healing process.
How To Apply Olive Oil For Stretch Mark Removal:
- Get olive oil from your kitchen or wherever you keep them.
- Pour little quantity, preferably 2-3 ounces of olive oil in a mini saucepan.
- Turn on your stove, set it on low heat and lightly warm up the olive oil.
- Transfer warm olive oil to a separate bowl, ready for applying on your skin.
Gently apply on your stretch marks and massage with the olive oil in a circular motion for up to 5 minutes.
Repeat this whole process every day until you start seeing results.
8) Repair Your Skin With Egg Whites:
If you can stand the smell of egg whites on your skin, then this is a go-to home remedy to remove stretch marks.
Egg whites contain amino acids and if you recall, your skin needs protein.
They can repair damaged skin and transform your skin with a smooth and radiant feel.
How To Apply Egg Whites To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
- Take two eggs, get them all cracked up and ready.
- Separate the yokes from the egg white, you’ll not be needing the yokes.
- Give it quick and light whipping, with a fork or a handheld whip whichever you prefer.
- Gently apply a thin layer of your whipped egg white on parts of your body affected with stretch marks.
- Allow it to dry completely on your skin so it’ll get absorbed better.
Leave it for 5-10 minutes and then rinse afterward with cold water.
Repeat this process three times a day until you start seeing results.
Not to burst your bubble, it may take up to a month before you start seeing results.
9) Applying Shea Butter On Stretch Marks:
I almost forgot totally about Shea butter and it’s one of the home remedies I’ve known for a long while now.
Shea butter is a very efficient moisturizer and can help to make your skin soft. It has humectant and emollient properties that help to protect your skin and keep it hydrated.
Shea butter also acts as a sunscreen and shields your skin from harmful sun rays.
How To Apply Shea Butter For Stretch Mark Removal:
- Apply all-natural shea butter to areas of your skin affected by stretch marks.
- Massage thoroughly for up to 3 minutes and allow it to get absorbed into your skin.
Repeat this process twice every day until you start getting results.Shea butter is a very efficient moisturizer and can help to make your skin soft. It has humectant and emollient properties that help to protect your skin and keep it hydrated.Click To Tweet
10) Nourish Your Skin With Vitamin A: Retinol Creams
Vitamin A is normally referred to as a retinoid.
Retinoids help in stimulating your skin to produce new skin layers over time.
Retinol creams are rich in vitamin A and they can make your skin look brighter and smoother than ever.
How To Apply Retinoid Creams To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks:
- First off, you’ll need to take a shower not just any shower but a warm shower.
- A warm shower helps to open the pores of your skin, you could also opt-in for a sauna session.
- After showering, put a thick amount of your retinol cream on your stretch marks and rub gently.
- While rubbing, ensure you massage in a circular motion for up to 5 minutes.
It’ll make the cream penetrate faster into your skin and provide the best results.
Repeat this same process, twice a day until you see results.
Other remedies to get rid of stretch marks include:
The use of hyaluronic acid, tea tree oil, laser therapy, needling, and microdermabrasion.
Natural Feminine Wash
Wanna get rid of stretch marks fast?
Then our Natural Feminine Wash is just for you.
It is made from wholesome aloe vera extracts, guava leaves, and elemi oil.
As we all know, aloe vera is a natural skin softener and an essential extract for treating stretch marks fast and effectively.
Natural Feminine Wash helps to soothe your skin, keep your skin moist. It causes your skin cells to release chemicals needed to produce collagen (protein for your skin).
Natural Feminine Wash reduces stretch marks in your body by rapidly healing minor tears within the deepest and topmost layers of your skin.
Where Can You Get Natural Feminine Wash?
Place an order today on our shop and get it delivered to your doorstep anywhere in Nigeria.
Try Natural Feminine Wash Today: Click Here To Get It On Our Shop!
Now It’s Your Turn: Sharing Is Caring
If you loved this article, please don’t forget to share it and click on the subscription bell so you’ll get notified whenever I’ve got more juicy information for you.
Before you go, I’d like to ask which of these home remedies for stretch marks removal have you tried before?
Please do share your experience in the comment section below and I’d be sure to reply to you.
Thanks for reading…